If you need a reliable, edible glue for your sugar based products, you can use this easy to make glue and all you need is CMC Powder and water.
Once made, it can be stored in a sealed container – we recommend in the refrigerator – for about two weeks.
Here’s what you’ll need. You can adjust the proportions based on the amount of glue you need:
1/4 tsp CMC Powder
2 tablespoons warm water
small bowl or container
Here’s what you do:
- Mix CMC powder and water in a small bowl or similar container.
- Stir to mix as thoroughly as possible. The powder does not mix easily with water, so just do your best to break up any big lumps.
- Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight. This is where the powder will dissolve completely in water.
- You should have a thick liquid, about the consistency of syrup. That’s your glue! You can thicken the glue with more CMC, and you can thin it with water.
- Apply it to surfaces using whatever tool you think is best suited for your project.